Friday, August 10, 2012

Another Random Post

I've had a lot of random posts lately. I'm sorry. I can't come up with anything better.

I tweeted/facebooked (new verb: facebooked) this yesterday, but I think it bears repeating (at least in my world it does). It's so funny to me that us Texans always act shocked that it's ridiculously hot in Texas in August. As if one summer the weather's gonna change it's mind and decide to be cool in August. Which made me then wonder, do Alaskans act shocked when it snows in January? I mean are they like, "What the heck?!? It's snowing in Alaska in January! What's this about?".

It could be much worse. Last summer was.

Anyway, either way I'm over the heat. I decided to go running last night while it was still too hot for any sane person to run. I think it was around 98 but it might as well have been 198. I ran two and a quarter miles, and then had to walk a quarter. My face felt like it was on fire, and I was in a hole with absolutely no breeze. But I never walk until I finish at least three miles. I made myself finish running the rest of three miles, and then I quit. I walked the rest of the way home. I did walk it quickly, but I walked none-the-less. So yeah, I'm a quitter, and I'm not too proud to admit it.

I put a load of towels and sheets in the washer this morning and threw in some bleach for good measure. I'm sure it will all come out with pink spots, but I like the way stuff smells when it's washed with bleach. I'm insane, and I should be banned from buying bleach. I'm the queen of bleaching stuff out. Every checker at every store in the free world should have my picture with a note to the side that says "not allowed to purchase bleach . . . ever".



Before I go back to school, I'm determined to make a bunch of meals to put in the freezer. Between work and soccer and laundry and everything else, we have an insanely busy couple of months coming up. It's nice to have healthy meals in the freezer so we don't have to eat out as much. Also, the scale's been creeping up and that's got to be stopped.

We finally got our USCIS fingerprint appointments. They are set for August 17th. I prayed that they would come on this date because it's the only day I'm off work once we start back next Tues., and they did. I never cease to be amazed at how God has worked on our behalf throughout this whole process. Sure we've had a few bumps in the road, but honestly, it's been pretty smooth. And the truth is when I pray about things dealing with the adoption, it seems like God always answers. So when fear and doubt and frustration start to creep in, I look back at all the answered prayers, and I know that it's in His hands.

Like I said, random (and probably somewhat pointless) post. I didn't have any pictures so I put in our forecast and a "no bleach" symbol to break it up. You don't have to thank me.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

No comments: